About this class
Dissatisfaction and desire are central to our lives and have a deep value and importance. But there is also crucial value in knowing how to appreciate what we have – in learning how to feel grateful for what is already to hand.
How to Enjoy Life teaches us:
- The skills of appreciation and gratitude.
- How little we sometimes notice what is around us.
- How to awaken ourselves to the beauty and value of the things, people and ideas with which we are surrounded.
- How to properly absorb what is already precious in our lives.
- The art of sampling happiness without being sentimental or deluded – a skill we term ‘cheerful despair’.
Drawing especially on art and literature, the class gently and wisely encourages us to make more of what we have.
Reine Rek is a coach, trainer and speaker. She is fascinated by human behaviour and the big subjects in life, such as love, death and identity. She has a background in the humanities and loves translating her theoretical knowledge into practical advice.
“Your brain is designed to keep you alive. It doesn’t give a shit about your happiness”
The School of Life Workshops
The School of Life is a global organisation helping people lead more fulfilled lives. Have a look at the English special events, classes and professional workshops that are hosted by The School of Life Amsterdam.