How to Make Love Last
At The School of Life, we don’t believe that love must inevitably fizzle out over time; this happens when it has not been wisely managed.
In How to Make Love Last, we cover seven core skills that underpin successful long-term relationships. We will learn:
- How to communicate, teach and learn.
- How not to sulk.
- How to allow others to get close to us.
- How to understand and explain our distinctive way of feeling loved.
- How to forgive and be forgiven.
- How to navigate conflict through humour.
- How to deal with sexual differences and awkward desires.
The class proposes that we sometimes give up on love too soon. The end of love is not inevitable, and even seemingly terminal situations can be rescued. We are introduced to the idea that love is not just an emotion; it is a skill that can be successfully learnt and practised.
Reine Rek is a coach, trainer and speaker. She is fascinated by human behaviour and the big subjects in life, such as love, death and identity. She has a background in the humanities and loves translating her theoretical knowledge into practical advice.
What do the new corona virus measures mean for this program?
- Everything runs a little differently because of the corona virus. View our temporary school-rules (dutch) here .
- NB: the programs that are now offered on location can be converted to an online program due to our corona virus measures. The programs that are now offered online will always remain online.
- For questions about programs that are offered online you can check our FAQ .
Our classes have been designed to give useful insights around the big themes in life. You’ll be challenged to think deeply about the issues that matter most, and provided with a space to share your thoughts, ideas and experiences with other curious, open-minded individuals.
These sessions are designed by experts and taught by members of our faculty. They include a mix of lecture, conversation and group activity.