About this class
Choosing a partner is one of the trickiest and most consequential decisions we will ever make. The costs of repeated failure, in terms of distress and wasted time, are immense. Partners used to be found for us by parents and society, but now we are expected to follow our feelings – to locate people by ourselves, according to intuition. This should be an improvement, but all too often our emotions pull us towards hugely problematic characters and dynamics, according to a logic we seldom fully understand.
In How to Find Love, we will:
- Improve our understanding of why we make the choices we do.
- Discover how our early experiences give us scripts regarding whom we can love, and how.
- Examine harmful repetitive patterns.
- Ask whether we sometimes reject love and affection because it makes us anxious.
- Study three of the most common techniques by which we sabotage our chances of fulfillment.
- Look at common problems that arise in long-term relationships, including ‘Perfectionism’ and the difficulty of learning from one another.
- Explore ways to improve our existing relationships.
Moulsari Jain is an artist, designer and creative entrepreneur. Applying art, language, culture, psychology and philosophy, she trains and inspires people and businesses to develop their long-term vision and strategy, with courage, creativity and a commitment to social impact. Influenced by her multicultural diplomatic upbringing and education, she has a unique approach to guiding people and ideas towards unseen opportunities.
“The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes”
The School of Life Workshops
The School of Life is a global organisation helping people lead more fulfilled lives. Have a look at the English special events, classes and professional workshops that are hosted by The School of Life Amsterdam.