Finding a job we can love and that makes use of our talents is the single greatest challenge we face. Unsurprisingly, many of us regularly hit career crises: moments of intense anxiety about finding our true vocation in the time we have left.
These Career Crisis Prompt Cards contain ideas and questions designed to unblock career crises and free up our thinking around work – setting us on a path to a job that will tap into the best parts of us.
- A job you love doesn’t mean that there is only one job you could love. So it will always be reasonable to have regrets.
- Which of these are you – in the end – best at: numbers, words, images, people?
- A palliative nurse described one of the major regrets of the dying as the wish that they’d had the courage to live a life true to themselves, not the life others expected of them.
How to Use the Cards
- Use the cards reflect on which parts of your current job you find least appealing and which jobs you have found most rewarding.
- Post a card to a friend experiencing doubts about their chosen path.
- Keep a card in your wallet to remind you to be brave in seeking out a new direction in life.
The design reflects the vast range of possible careers that are open to us. The modern, flat-colour illustrations refer to the world of work with simple typography on one side and a mute blue on the other.
More Tools for Career Crises
Class: How to Identify Your Career Potential – Our regular class takes us from unfocused aspirations towards a clear-headed and realistic plan as to what our next professional steps should be.
Book: A Job to Love – A book from The School of Life Press.
Article: Authentic Work – An article from The Book of Life.
60 cards in box | 104mm x 73mm x 36mm