Our error is to suppose that we are born knowing how to love and that managing a relationship might therefore be intuitive and easy. This book starts from a different premise: that love is a skill to be learnt, rather than just an emotion to be felt.
It calmly and charmingly takes us around the key issues of relationships, from arguments to sex, forgiveness to communication, making sure that success in love need never again be just a matter of luck.
• A refreshing take on how to approach relationships, showing how success in love can be achieved.
• A practical guide with useful takeaways for making a relationship work day-to-day.
• Influenced by the workings of the Therapists at The School of Life.
• Chapters include: Teaching and Learning, Explaining One’s Madness, The Problems of Closeness, and Better Love Stories.
• Over 25k copies sold of the hardback edition in the English language.
“A simple and honest book about what love and relationships really are instead of what we think they should be.”
“This book really does challenge stereotypes of love. It opens your eyes to how you have been influenced by romantic love stories unknowingly. Would definitely recommend.”