Growth Marketing Manager (1 year mat cover)
London - Hybrid - Full Time
This is a super opportunity to create a Global growth marketing engine for a business with huge untapped potential. You will be responsible for ambitious customer and revenue growth targets from digital platforms, in particular our App and Articles Subscription. You will scale growth through a test and learn mindset, activating the entire customer journey – from customer acquisition and conversion to retention and loyalty. You will focus your acquisition efforts primarily on organic channels (CRM, ASO, Organic Search) but also develop our paid acquisition strategy.
What the role involves
CRM (strategy, management, segmentation & data analysis)
- Design, implement and manage our acquisition strategy to grow our App and Articles Subscriber-base.
- Work with the Head of Digital to use data and insights to measure and predict customer lifecycle activities, understand churn and increase retention and lifetime value.
- Be the owner of customer data across our App and Articles Subscriber-base. Provide clear narratives across the business on our customers from a single-customer viewpoint.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team to develop new acquisition and retention programmes that will drive improvements in conversion, lifetime value and retention.
- Ensure the database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities
- Plan, develop and implement optimised localisation of App/Play store preview assets (meta data, titles, descriptions, images, video, etc.) for all of our main markets and refresh regularly.
- Work closely with the product manager on app review management and optimisations.
- Be across all app reviews, feedback surveys in order to ensure we are making changes to the app regularly.
- Measure the outcomes of your ASO efforts and report these back to the business, including ASO data/analytics/reporting and taking responsibility to improve both reliability and usefulness
- Work with the product manager to develop a content calendar for the release of all new content on the app.
- Work with the marketing team to effectively release all new content to our customers.
- Develop a sophisticated push notifications platform that allows segmentation of the customer base. Measure the impact of push notification tests.
- Build, target and schedule push notifications for iOS and Android. Create a calendar of scheduled notifications.
ASAs & UACs
- Drive the paid acquisition strategy for The School of Life mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Take full ownership of app acquisition and performance analytics.
- Analyse marketing measures and app usage to improve campaign performance as well as app retention.
- Research, monitor, and optimise app store and keyword performance.
- Establish country-specific strategies to improve discoverability, conversion & activation rates in the app stores and marketplaces.
- Plan, implement and execute app marketing campaigns, via paid social, google app campaigns, apple search ads (ASA) and universal app campaigns (UAC).
- Own the strategy for custom product pages, custom store listings, in-app events store listing experiments and product page optimisations.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure delivery of high-performing visual assets.
- Own The School Of Life’s Organic Search strategy, analysing Google Search Console and GA4 data to understand opportunities to further increase our organic search traffic. Set the high level optimisation roadmap for SEO across our business.
- Conduct keyword analysis as well as metadata reviews, develop recommendations, and work with our content team to ensure all of our content is optimised to drive high-intent traffic.
- Report weekly and monthly on the performance of organic search and track the success of optimisations.
Experience 'Must Haves'
- Experience in driving growth of paid content subscription or app product - A strong sales and growth mentality (motivated by making a difference and driving growth). - A hunger for testing and challenging the way we work (test & learn mindset). - Minimum of 6-8+ years working in a customer-centric digital/CRM/ growth marketing role. - A background working with data (insights, segmentation, reporting, hypothesis and evaluation). - Experience of using and optimising campaigns with CRM/ESP. - Experience (in-house) of digital growth through acquisition channels. - A deep understanding of SEO strategy for content-led businesses
Experience 'Nice to haves'
- Experience in a small fast-growing business with multiple stakeholders Experience with our CRM (DotDigital). - Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Stats, Engineering or quantitative or analytical field.
What you’ll get from us...
- To work with a diverse team of brilliant minds!
- A culture focussed on growth & personal development
- Healthcare & Employee Assistance Programme
- £500 per year learning budget
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Up to 5 days per year unpaid holiday
- 1 extra holiday day per year of service
- Copies of all our newly released books
- 35% discount on The School of Life books & products
- Participation in The School of Life personal development sessions
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Socials & Lunches