THE BOOK OF LIFE / THE SCHOOL OF LIFE UNDER CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
The Book of Life is owned by Campus London LLP trading as The School of Life located at 930 High Road, London N12 9RT, England.
We encourage you to share The Book of Life content that is licensed for distribution under our Creative Commons license, Attribution–Non Commercial–No Derivatives (or the CC BY – NC – ND 4.0 International) which means it may be shared by following a few requirements. Any content that we have shared but not created may not be distributed — notably, this includes any images on The Book of Life site.
– Attribute The Book of Life as the owner of The Book of Life content and include a link to the content, but do not include any text that shows or implies The Book of Life endorses your website, platform or product.
– Do not use the The Book of Life site or content for any commercial purposes, for sale, sublicense or in an app of any kind for any advertising, or in exchange for payment of any kind.
– You cannot remix, create derivative work or modify The Book of Life site content in any way.
– You may not add any further more restrictions that we have provided to The Book of Life site content, such as additional legal restrictions, or charge any fees or technological restrictions to accessing the content.
EMBEDDING THE BOOK OF LIFE ON YOUR BLOG OR SITE:
– Type of site/company: Bloggers and nonprofits (by which we mean: registered 501(c)3 organizations in the United States, and the equivalent in all other countries), may share The Book of Life under a Creative Commons (CC) license, provided that they follow the rest of the guidelines on this page and sharing The Book of Life is not the central purpose of your site. This means that we expect the usage under Creative Commons to be one to share ideas, not to use The Book of Life as the main content for your site, which provides revenue or other sources of income that relies on content we are providing. If you are interested in licensing The Book of Life for other purposes, or for more regular usage, please contact us for more details.
– Transcripts and subtitles may be used under the same Creative Commons license in conjunction with The Book of Life content. Copyright on the transcripts is owned by The Book of Life and any edits, different usage rights or changes to these documents are not permitted without permission. Thus, if you wanted to publish The Book of Life in a book, test, play, or otherwise, for any other publication, permission is required.
– Attribution: You must add a visible link back to The Book of Life website.
– Do not edit The Book of Life: You may not edit or alter in any way The Book of Life content, video, images or text in any way.
USING THE BOOK OF LIFE FOR YOUR BUSINESS OR A FOR-PROFIT COMPANY
If you are a for-profit company seeking to: license The Book of Life content or films, create a branded video offering, television series, or original editorial program or other service offering — please check if your company’s business matches with one or more of the categories listed below, as you will require a formal distribution partnership with The Book of Life. To submit an enquiry, please email [email protected].
- Media Publisher or Content Creator
- Internet Video Service
- Audio Service
- Specialized Cable/Satellite Channel
- Home Entertainment Device
- IPTV Service and Set Top Box Manufacturer
- Mobile and Tablet Manufacturer
- Web Browser Applications and Stores
- Subscription-Based Educational Service (Online Education Company)
- Corporate Education Provider
- In-flight, Hospitality or Hotel Entertainment Provider
- Other Commercial Entity
If you are interested in licensing, distributing or partnering with us for content from The School of Life, please email [email protected]. Please note that, due to the volume of requests received, we may not be able to individually respond to all requests.