Freelance Business Faculty, The School of Life, New York City
Purpose of the Job
To facilitate The School of Life’s Learning and Development workshops to business clients in NYC.
About The School of Life
Our Learning and Development division helps organisations build emotional maturity in the workplace through the teaching of 20 emotional skills. For each skill, we provide a precisely designed two-hour workshop, and work with clients to create tailored, modular and comprehensive learning journeys.
Our clients include the likes of Facebook, Google, Havas Media, The Guardian and Accenture.
Business faculty deliver The School of Life’s workshops to organisations, employing The School of Life’s Teaching Materials and teaching methodology to educate groups of around 30 adults in the skills of emotional intelligence.
You will be supplied with all content materials; we will not use, or require you to develop your own content.
Our faculty come from a wide range of backgrounds, but they tend to share the following:
- Outstanding public speaking skills with a commitment to innovative forms of adult education.
- A solid understanding of the differences between teaching and facilitating, and the capacity to deliver the latter with large and diverse groups of adult participants.
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary culture combined with a strong intellectual background.
- Ability to counsel and console individuals with complex emotional needs.
- An education in psychotherapy, psychology, philosophy, or related subjects.
- Experience in a corporate/business background.
Faculty are all appointed on a freelance basis.
Please apply by emailing your CV along with approximately 200 words on the following:
- What does emotional intelligence mean to you?
- What makes you a good facilitator of our workshops?
Please look at our Learning and Development brochure on our website for our range and for an idea of our approach.
Please send your application to the Head of Learning and Development, at email@example.com with the subject line NYC Business Faculty Application.
The School of Life will be expanding their Learning and Development offering to New York City in September 2018. The application deadline is 31st March 2018.
Due to the high level of applicants, we are only able to get back to successful candidates.
We are currently not recruiting for any other vacancies at the moment, but we are always on the lookout for exceptional people to join our London team to help with our mission of promoting emotional intelligence (via multiple channels).
We particularly require:
- Talented, personable faculty to teach our curriculum in the Classroom – with a gift for public presentation, a warm manner and an understanding of our outlook.
- People with a deep understanding of business processes (incl. analytical, numerical and managerial skills) allied with an interest in emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional writers who can contribute to our Content channels.