Retail Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Purchases
This Agreement applies to your purchases of Product(s) from this Website. The parties to this Agreement are: (1) the person who makes the purchase, referred to throughout the Agreement as “you” or “your”, and (2) our company, Campus London LLP, whose registered address is 930 High Road, London N12 9RT and registered number is OC328999. Campus London is referred to in this Agreement as the “Company”, “we”, and “us”.
We may make changes to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, but the latest version will always appear on this page. Any changes to this Agreement will apply to all new orders placed after the change is published on the Website. You should check this Agreement before each order you place, in case it has changed since your last visit.
In this Agreement, the following capitalised words have these specific meanings.
‘Product’ means an item available for sale on the Website.
‘Website’ means The School of Life Website.
Orders of Product(s) are subject to availability. When you place an order, we will confirm it by email, but the order will only become legally binding on us when we send you an email confirming dispatch of the Product(s). If we cannot fulfil your order for any reason, we will notify you as soon as we reasonably can.
We try to ensure that product details displayed on the Website are correct and up-to-date. However, any error or omission in any information on the Website, or in any other communication or document issued by us, may be corrected without any liability on our part. You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you have already paid for the Product(s) at the erroneous price, you will receive a full refund if you decide to cancel.
Images of products on the Website are intended as a guide and the actual product may differ slightly in some respects. All weights and dimensions given are approximate.
Before clicking the ‘Confirm Order’ button, you should check that your order summary is correct. You should print or retain your email confirmation in case you need to contact us about your order.
Unless otherwise stated, all prices shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT and other applicable UK taxes. The prices shown do not include the delivery fee, which will be added to your total order price.
Orders must be paid for immediately by credit or debit card. If we cannot accept your order for any reason, we will process a full refund within seven days.
We will endeavour to deliver the Product(s) as soon as possible after confirmation of your order. However, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage caused by any delay in delivering the Product(s). We will try to keep you informed in the event of any delay.
Delivery will be to the address specified by you when ordering. If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please check what taxes or duties may apply, as you will have to pay these yourself. We do not know and cannot control what charges you may have to pay once the Product(s) reach the destination country.
As soon as the Product(s) are delivered to you, you become the owner of those Product(s) and the risk will passed to you. This means that you will be liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction to the Product(s).
Orders are dispatched from our UK warehouse on the same day if placed before 12pm Mon-Fri, and the next business day if placed after.
Gift vouchers and shoes are dispatched separately from other products in your order.
Please note that we are unable to influence the delivery of any parcels once they have left our warehouse. Please ensure you have entered the correct delivery details prior to confirming your order. If we are unable to deliver due to wrong information being input at the order stage you will still be charged for all original and additional redelivery costs.
Should you feel that your order has become lost or was unable to be delivered to you please contact us after 5 days. Please note that we will try our best to resolve this issue but we may feel it is appropriate to refund your order after a second delivery attempt.
We use a broad range of couriers for our parcel deliveries to reduce costs to our customers. In some instances, we will use UK Royal Mail who will pass the delivery on to a local international postal service. Once out of the UK we will be unable to track your parcel or influence the delivery. Please try contacting your local postal agent/office, they may be able to help.
Delivery times depend on delivery method chosen:
Royal Mail 2nd Class: 4-5 days
Royal Mail 1st Class: 1-2 days
Courier Service: Next day delivery (please be aware of dispatch deadline above)
Urgent UK Orders
If you are based in London and need a product urgently, please visit our shop at 70 Marchmont Street, London, WC1N 1AB or call us on +44(0)20 7833 1010. Our opening hours are 10:00-18:00, Monday, Wednesday to Saturday; 11:00-18:00 Tuesdays
International orders are either sent via Royal Mail Tracked and Signed or via a Courier service depending on order size and weight. You will receive tracking information on dispatch by email.
In some instances once the parcel has left the UK we will be unable to track your parcel. Unfortunately we are unable to influence the delivery. Please try contacting your local postal agent/office, they may be able to help.
For overseas orders our delivery charges vary. Once you have added your chosen item(s) to your shopping basket, you will be asked to enter your destination to calculate the delivery costs.
Please note that the customer is liable for all customs tax and duty payable.
Orders sent via Royal Mail cannot be reported missing until 10 days after the expected due date.
Right to Cancel the Contract
This clause applies only to consumers. If you are buying Product(s) as or on behalf of a business, the rights contained in this clause do not apply to you.
You may cancel the contract at any time within seven working days from the day after you receive the Product(s), and we will refund the purchase price and delivery fee in full within 30 days, subject to the following conditions:
- You must inform us in writing (email is fine) of your decision to cancel the contract.
- The Product(s) must be returned to us (at The School of Life, 70 Marchmont Street, London WC1N 1AB) immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. If the goods are faulty, we will pay for the cost of returning them to us.
- If the Product(s) are audio or video recordings or computer software, you may not remove them from the sealed packaging. If you do this, your will lose your right to cancel the contract.
You must take good care of the Product(s) while they are in your possession. If you fail to do so, you may be liable to us for compensation.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If, however, you would like to return an item, please do so within 30 days.
Customers are responsible for all returns costs. If you have a problem with your order please contact email@example.com prior to returning, we will try our best to get back to you within 5 working days but may take longer at peak times.
Items must be in original condition and returned with the original sales receipt.
If we have been unable to delivery your parcel and it is returned to our warehouse we will contact you regarding a refund. If we do not receive instructions from you within 2 weeks we will automatically refund your order.
Lost or Damaged Goods:
We must be notified in writing within 10 days of receipt of goods about all damaged goods or shortages. Any notification later than this will result in a void claim.
Terms and Conditions for Wholesale Purchases
- Payment Terms: The first order is pro forma. Pro forma invoices are to be paid for by credit/debit card/BACS. Subsequent orders are 30 days net after acceptance of application for credit account. Failure to pay your invoices within the agreed terms will put your account back onto pro forma. No further orders will be dispatched until the account is up to date. Failure to make payment may result in further legal action where necessary.
- Online Selling: You may sell our products with prior agreement on your own branded websites but we do not allow selling on any 3rd party portals such as eBay, Amazon etc. The School of Life brand is not to be sold on any 3rd party sites or marketplaces like eBay and Amazon and we do not sell to solely eBay or Amazon traders. If we find this happening we will no longer be able to supply you. In placing an order with us you are agreeing that you will not put any products on any 3rd party portals. Offering our lines for sale online before you have paid or received an order is against our terms. Your order will be cancelled if we find this happening. We do not offer a dropship service; we insist our customers stock our products before they offer them for sale. Our images are for use only with our permission, if we find our images being used without permission, we will cancel any orders for these lines.
- Customs and duty: Please note that all shipments to countries outside Europe may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you may want to contact your local customs office for further information. If the customer rejects a delivery of stock, they will be responsible for all charges incurred for customs clearance, delivery, returns and warehousing. Also any damages or breakages incurred while the goods are being returned are also the responsibility of the customer.
To read our full Terms and Conditions click here.