Business Bootcamp: The Confident Communicator
About Business Bootcamps
It is universally recognised that alongside technical skills, people who can master a range of sophisticated emotional skills are better able to thrive, manage themselves and succeed at work.
Our business bootcamps are designed to help participants navigate the challenges of work in the 21st Century.
Join fellow participants for an intensive day-long workshop including an introduction to emotional intelligence, key skills with practical applications, and networking with other curious business-minded individuals.
What we explore:
Organisational culture is built one communication at a time.
Contrary to what people may think, healthy workplaces don’t just happen by accident – they require proactive development and ongoing nurturing over time, including the confidence to be able to communicate transparently, respectfully and decisively, never more so than in difficult moments of change.
In this day long intensive we will explore:
An Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- What it is and why is it important?
- Self-Awareness: A Philosophical Meditation
- Leading Others and Sharing a Vision
- Consider barriers to good communication at work
- Learn how to “tune in” to the signals we are giving others and how we are perceived
- Practise listening better and asking the right questions
- Learn how biases can impede communication and how to spot potential communication pitfalls in advance
- Learn how to identify the right level of confidence for a given task
- Identify sources of confidence we can rely on and ways of coping with anxiety
- Learn how to overcome setbacks and remain confident when things get tough
- Explore how our personal histories may be unhelpfully determining the level of confidence we bring to tasks
- Consider the barriers to effective decision-making; including decision fatigue, fear of regret, and a lack of self-knowledge
- Uncover our personal decision-making style
- Create a plan for how we will take action following our decision and track and adjust over time
- Learn strategies for reaching sounder, wiser decisions
Please note a light lunch will be served on the day.
8.30 am Arrival, refreshments & intros
9.00 am EQ Introduction
9.30 pm Module 1: Communication (incl. tea break)
12.00 pm Lunch break
1.00 pm Module 2: Confidence (incl. tea break)
3.30 pm Module 3: Decisiveness
5.30 pm Finish & reflection
6.00 pm Close
"It was a reminder to listen, acknowledge and value others" – Participant, 2019
"I learned to think about the importance of timing and vulnerability" – Participant, 2019
"I was surprised at how much of a difference it makes to fully tune in and empathise" – Participant, 2019
"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak"