The School of Life Friends - 1 Year Membership
Become a Friend of The School of Life
Membership includes one free class from our Core Curriculum (worth £55), special discounted tickets for our programme of Friends’ conversation evenings, priority ticket sales for our celebrity speaker events, and a 10% discount off retail purchases. (Full list of benefits below).
Purchase membership for yourself:
To purchase Friends membership for yourself, you need to create an account and be logged in.
Purchase membership for a friend or relative:
To purchase Friends membership on behalf of someone else, you need to purchase a Friends Gift Voucher.
We’re sometimes not too sure how we get into good friendships. It seems to happen rather mysteriously: we talk of somewhat randomly ‘clicking’ with people. Trying to plan for it sounds like cheating. But in a busy world, the desire to socialise authentically, with interesting, like-minded people, deserves to be addressed directly.
That’s why we created The School of Life Friends scheme. Membership gives you special access to a year-long series of regular conversation drinks, each one anchored around a big idea we’ll discuss over drinks. Every month, in a central London venue, we come together with other members of the diverse and bright community of the School of Life. At each event, you’ll be offered a conversation menu and systematically (and entertainingly) introduced to everyone else in the room. If you enjoy our work, you will find kindred spirits. The evenings are guaranteed to be stimulating and reassuring - as well as prompts to genuine connection and insight.
The Programme Includes
- One free class from our core curriculum, worth £55
- Special discounts for our programme of Friends' conversation evenings
- Friends first: priority ticket access for our Special Events
- 10% discount on all core classes, one-day and professional workshops, and Special Events (excluding conferences and festivals)
- 10% discount across our range of products, online or in store
- Our Friends Newsletter
- A handsome and distinctive membership pin badge*
The programme lasts for one year, after which you will be asked if you'd like to renew your subscription.
Friends' Events topics
Over the course of the year, our conversation evenings cover the following topics:
[the themes recur, so you can join at any time and enjoy the full cycle of 12]
* Please note, membership badges may take up to 2 to 3 weeks for delivery