Business Bootcamp: The Change Agent
About Business Bootcamps
It is universally recognised that alongside technical skills, people who can master a range of sophisticated emotional skills are better able to thrive, manage themselves and succeed at work.
Our business bootcamps are designed to help participants navigate the challenges of work in the 21st Century.
Join fellow participants for an intensive day-long workshop including an introduction to emotional intelligence, key skills with practical applications, and networking with other curious business-minded individuals.
WHAT WE EXPLORE
Change is the ‘new normal’ no matter what your role or level of seniority may be. The World Economic Forum predicts that by 2022 there will be an estimated 42%change in the skills required to perform both current and new job roles. Being self-aware, adaptable and objective enough to not simply survive but thrive under conditions or change can not only make you a more valuable employee but supports you in having a better experience in your working life
- Consider how our image of ourself may differ from how others see us
- Take stock of our own unconscious attitudes and beliefs
- Learn to recognise some common barriers to self- awareness, including projection, transference and resistance
- Learn the technique of “philosophical meditation” to begin to get to grips with the hidden beliefs that lie behind our everyday feelings and behaviour
- Discuss why we often fear change and how we can come to fear it less
- Practise techniques for cultivating an open mind towards change and new strategies for implementing it
- Learn imaginative techniques for developing new ideas, rather than relying on old paradigms
- Learn methods for coping with uncertainty and setbacks and for embracing improvisation, uncertainty and growth
- Learn about the different errors and biases to which our minds are prone, and how to correct for these
- Consider the ways in which we might judge ideas too much by their source and too little on their independent merit
- Practice the art of detachment from our own experiences and interests, in order to consider things from a wider, more universal point of view
- Learn strategies for making decisions that will serve us well in the long term
9.15 am Arrival & refreshments
9.30 pm Module 1: Self Awareness (incl. tea break)
12.00 pm Lunch (Included)
1.00 pm Module 2: Adaptability (incl. tea break)
3.15 pm Module 3: Objectivity
5.15 pm Finish & reflection
5.30 pm Close
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
– Stephen Hawking
Michael Bartura is a mindfulness-based life and leadership coach and a group facilitator working with individuals and organisations seeking transformation and conscious business development. He was a senior manager in the private and not-for-profit sectors for over 15 years before switching to teaching, training and coaching. In recent years, he establish a pilot training program focused on designing an integrated Mind-Body approach to leadership education at the East West Learning Centre in Singapore, and now runs an online coaching social venture called TeamUp as well as directing strategy and development for the SLOW school of Business in Melbourne.