Business Bootcamp: The Confident Communicator
About Business Bootcamps
It is universally recognised that alongside technical skills, people who can master a range of sophisticated emotional skills are better able to thrive, manage themselves and succeed at work.
Our business bootcamps are designed to help participants navigate the challenges of work in the 21st Century.
Join fellow participants for an intensive day-long workshop including an introduction to emotional intelligence, key skills with practical applications, and networking with other curious business-minded individuals.
What we explore:
Organisational culture is built one communication at a time.
Contrary to what people may think, healthy workplaces don’t just happen by accident – they require proactive development and ongoing nurturing over time, including the confidence to be able to communicate transparently, respectfully and decisively, never more so than in difficult moments of change.
In this day long intensive we will explore:
- Consider barriers to good communication at work
- Learn how to “tune in” to the signals we are giving others and how we are perceived
- Practise listening better and asking the right questions
- Learn how biases can impede communication and how to spot potential communication pitfalls in advance
- Learn how to identify the right level of confidence for a given task
- Identify sources of confidence we can rely on and ways of coping with anxiety
- Learn how to overcome setbacks and remain confident when things get tough
- Explore how our personal histories may be unhelpfully determining the level of confidence we bring to tasks
- Consider the barriers to effective decision-making; including decision fatigue, fear of regret, and a lack of self-knowledge
- Uncover our personal decision-making style
- Create a plan for how we will take action following our decision and track and adjust over time
- Learn strategies for reaching sounder, wiser decisions
Please note a light lunch will be served on the day.
9.00 am Arrival, refreshments & intros
9.30 pm Module 1: Communication (incl. tea break)
12.00 pm Lunch (Included)
1.00 pm Module 2: Confidence (incl. tea break)
3.30 pm Module 3: Decisiveness
5.30 pm Finish & reflection
6.00 pm Close
"It was a reminder to listen, acknowledge and value others" – Participant, 2019
"I learned to think about the importance of timing and vulnerability" – Participant, 2019
"I was surprised at how much of a difference it makes to fully tune in and empathise" – Participant, 2019
“It was an eye opening to learn that a "good enough" decision made in time was better than a "perfect decision" made too late. I think it's something we can relate to at work or personal lives.” – Participant, 2019
"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak"
Michael Bartura is a mindfulness-based life and leadership coach and a group facilitator working with individuals and organisations seeking transformation and conscious business development. He was a senior manager in the private and not-for-profit sectors for over 15 years before switching to teaching, training and coaching. In recent years, he establish a pilot training program focused on designing an integrated Mind-Body approach to leadership education at the East West Learning Centre in Singapore, and now runs an online coaching social venture called TeamUp as well as directing strategy and development for the SLOW school of Business in Melbourne.