The School of Life is based in Bloomsbury, London, less than 10 minutes’ walk from King’s Cross and Euston stations. As well as a thriving international e-commerce store, we have over 3.5 million YouTube subscribers, a world-leading blog The Book of Life, a new app, and we run classes and events around the world.
We’re a fast-moving, innovative organisation with world-changing ambitions. We don’t believe in bureaucracy but are commercially minded and an established business, with a dynamic and passionate team of 30+ in the UK Head Office and partner branches around the world.
Accountable for creating and artworking assets across all of the business’ channels, with a focus on retail marketing and programme events.
Reports to: Senior Designer and Head of Marketing
Type of person we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate ideas both verbally and visually
- Proactive, organised and a strong attention to detail
- A fast learner who is able to work on a variety of projects at once
- Apple/Mac savvy, able to adapt to new requests quickly and efficiently
- Confidently contribute to the development of the brand visual output in meetings and brainstorms
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design or related subject
- A strong knowledge of CS Suite; Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Knowledge of preparing files for both print and web
- Strong typographic, layout and design skills displayed through an impressive portfolio
- Some experience in a similar professional role or would be a benefit but isn't essential
How to apply:
If you think this sounds like a good match for your next challenge, please send your portfolio, a brief cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Junior Designer’ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Start date: As soon as possible
We are currently not recruiting for any other vacancies at the moment, but we are always on the lookout for exceptional people to join our London team to help with our mission of promoting emotional intelligence (via multiple channels).
We particularly require:
- Talented, personable faculty to teach our curriculum in the Classroom – with a gift for public presentation, a warm manner and an understanding of our outlook.
- People with a deep understanding of business processes (incl. analytical, numerical and managerial skills) allied with an interest in emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional writers who can contribute to our Content channels.