Website & App Product Manager
Account Manager (Retail Sales)
Customer Service (Part-Time)
We believe in helping people live more fulfilling lives. We are a resource for helping us understand ourselves, for improving our relationships, our careers and our social lives - as well as for helping us find calm and get more out of our leisure hours. Our website is fundamental to supporting all aspects of the company to do this.
We are looking for a digital professional with a diverse skillset across a range of technologies and platforms. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in digital and is comfortable working in a fast-growing and varied environment where no two days will be the same.
Reports to: Managing Director
Works closely with:
- Head of Special Projects
- eCommerce Team
- Other department Heads
Overall responsibility for the day-to-day technical management and development of The School of Life websites:
- Main website – www.theschooloflife.com
- eCommerce website - www.theschooloflife.com/sho
- The Book of Life - www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife
- Any other websites associated with The School of Life
Overall responsibility for the management of our relationships with the following 3rd parties (including updates, enhancements, bug fixing, patches, security, best practices, provider reviews and SLAs):
- Website agency
- Server/ hosting provider
- DNS and domain management provider
- Magento connector (3rd party)
- SEO consultant
- IT support provider (in conjunction with Head of Finance)
Liaising and providing regular updates to the relevant stakeholders and teams at The School of Life (including Marketing, Design, International, Finance, Retail and Business).
Daily maintenance of The School of Life websites:
- Make copy, image and layout changes to the website as requested by the wider business
- Be the technical support for strategic projects, e.g, YouTube, quizzes, etc.
- Support international The School of Life partners with technical website questions
- Carry out SEO optimisation tasks with guidance from third party consultants
- Create and maintain instructions for all aspects of the website
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Marketing.
We expect The School of Life website to be treated as a product in itself and the ideal candidate will have a data-driven approach to this. By using tools such as Google Analytics, Hotjar and user surveys, insights will be generated to inform new enhancements to the website. Regular CX/UX/UI reviews of the site will ensure the website is optimised and in line with best practice. This will usually be within an eCommerce focus, but spans across all parts of The School of Life.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- eCommerce/Digital Marketplace, ideally in a B2C environment
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, eg. SCRUM/Kanban
- Familiarity with project management tools e.g. JIRA
- Analytics tools e.g. GA, Hotjar
- Magento back-end management
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders across a diverse business
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Digital strategy experience
- Product planning/road mapping
- UI design
- UX research (user interviews, card sorting, A/B testing etc
- Familiarity with Waterfall development methodologies
- WordPress CMS back-end management
- SilverStripe CMS back-end management
How to apply
If you think this sounds like a good match for your next challenge, please send your CV, a brief cover letter and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Website & App Product Manager’ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Bringing on new wholesalers and growing the existing database. Working alongside the National Account Manager to achieve wholesale targets, support International Partner accounts and develop B2B retail business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Visiting new and existing customers and presenting new products to them.
- Bringing on New Business to the company.
- Negotiating best margins and trading terms.
- Take full account management responsibility once an order has been placed.
- Maximising the revenue of existing accounts and ensuring growth year on year.
- Dealing with the management of the warehouse re; dispatch time frames and missing orders etc.
- Processing all your own orders with existing systems and managing customer expectations.
- Attending Tradeshows in the UK and Europe and maximising opportunities while there.
KPI’s & Targets
- 5 customer site visits per month
- 5 new business calls/e-mails per week
- Opening 3 new accounts per month
- Reporting on monthly sales for accounts each month to highlight retailers that need further attention.
- Continue to work towards targets already set with line manager at beginning of financial year.
- To review all accounts at 6-month stage and see where improvements can be made and revisit targets for new accounts opened since April 2018.
- Expected to increase numbers vs LY by budgeted growth targets
- Graduate with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience, ideally in retail sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience of working with customers or clients
- Highly organised and proactive
- Passion for and understanding of TSOL’s brand and purpose
- Adaptable and calm under pressure, able to handle the unexpected
- Highly numerate, ideally with good Excel skills
- Hours of work: Typical hours of work will be 9am to 6pm. Some travel depending on retail accounts and regions.
Reports To: Head of Retail Sales
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply
If you think this sounds like a good match for your next challenge, please send your CV, a brief cover letter and current salary details to email@example.com with ‘Retail Account Manager’ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Accountable for: Managing customer service queries
Reports into: Shop Manager
- Respond to customer queries and complaints via email and over the phone
- Liaise with warehouse with regards to returns and refunds
- Seek to improve the customer experience at every touch point
- Work across the company to improve processes to remove/ reduce root causes of recurring problems
- Track and report on complaint types
- Highly organised
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Computer literate and able to use excel
- Quick learner of processes and software platforms
- Proactive when it comes to identifying and improving processes
- Knowledge of HelpScout or similar customer service software
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms (Magento and Netsuite)
Hours 3 days a week, 8 hours a day
How to apply
If you think this sounds like a good match for your next challenge, please send your CV, a brief cover letter and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Customer Service’ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking for a smart, creative Marketing Assistant to support our marketing team over the busy period in the run up to Christmas. This role is mainly focused on our e-commerce marketing at a key time of year for gifting. We are looking for someone who wants to develop their skills in digital marketing, PR and eCommerce. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience across the marketing mix. This is a fixed-term role for 3 months starting in August or September 2019.
Accountable for: Assisting the marketing team in implementing their growth strategy across departments, with a focus on ecommerce.
Reports into: eCommerce Marketing Manager & Head of Marketing
- Website content management – maintaining The School of Life website with compelling copy and design assets to support campaigns
- Product launch/seasonal campaigns – supporting the eCommerce Marketing Manager with product launch campaigns and Christmas/Black Friday campaigns. Would be encouraged to contribute creative ideas and execute campaign activity.
- Search Engine Optimisation – improving meta-data and optimising pages for search rankings
- PR – responding to enquiries and contributing to press outreach for key campaigns
- Product merchandising – setting up and managing product listings on The School of Life website and Amazon storefronts with an eye to emphasising sales points and boosting conversion
- General digital marketing support for the team as needed
Type of person we are looking for:
- Very strong written communication skills
- Creative eye for curating beautiful content and imagery
- Proactive, organised with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Excel desirable
- You are inquisitive and always up-to-date about latest social media and marketing trends
- Tech savvy – up for learning and using new systems
- Enthusiastic about our mission.
How to apply
If you think this sounds like a good match for your next challenge, please send your CV, a brief cover letter and current salary details to email@example.com with ‘Marketing Assistant’ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Start date: August 2019 (3 month contract)
We are always on the lookout for exceptional people to join our London team.
We particularly require:
- Talented, personable faculty to teach our curriculum in the Classroom – with a gift for public presentation, a warm manner and an understanding of our outlook.
- People with a deep understanding of business processes (incl. analytical, numerical and managerial skills) allied with an interest in emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional writers who can contribute to our Content channels.