How to Make Love Last
At The School of Life, we don’t believe that love must inevitably fizzle out over time; this happens when it has not been wisely managed.
In How to Make Love Last, we cover seven core skills that underpin successful long-term relationships. We will learn:
- How to communicate, teach and learn.
- How not to sulk.
- How to allow others to get close to us.
- How to understand and explain our distinctive way of feeling loved.
- How to forgive and be forgiven.
- How to navigate conflict through humour.
- How to deal with sexual differences and awkward desires.
The class proposes that we sometimes give up on love too soon. The end of love is not inevitable, and even seemingly terminal situations can be rescued. We are introduced to the idea that love is not just an emotion; it is a skill that can be successfully learnt and practised.
6:40pm doors open, drinks and nibbles
7:00pm class begins
9:30pm class ends
Saturday afternoon classes
2:10pm doors open, coffee and snacks
2:30pm class begins
5:30pm class ends
Classroom Location: The School of Life, 70 Marchmont Street, WC1N 1AB