How to Find Love
Choosing a partner is one of the trickiest and most consequential decisions we will ever make. The costs of repeated failure, in terms of distress and wasted time, are immense. Partners used to be found for us by parents and society, but now we are expected to follow our feelings - to locate people by ourselves, according to intuition. This should be an improvement, but all too often our emotions pull us towards hugely problematic characters and dynamics, according to a logic we seldom fully understand.
In How to Find Love, we will:
- Improve our understanding of why we make the choices we do.
- Discover how our early experiences give us scripts regarding whom we can love, and how.
- Examine harmful repetitive patterns.
- Ask whether we sometimes reject love and affection because it makes us anxious.
- Study three of the most common techniques by which we sabotage our chances of fulfilment.
- Look at common problems that arise in long-term relationships, including ‘Perfectionism’ and the difficulty of learning from one another.
- Explore ways to improve our existing relationships.
This class equips us with a crucial set of insights to help us make safer, more imaginative and more effective choices in love.
6:40pm doors open, drinks and nibbles
7:00pm class begins
9:30pm class ends
Saturday afternoon classes
2:10pm doors open, coffee and snacks
2:30pm class begins
5:30pm class ends