How to Find Love
Choosing a partner is one of the trickiest and most consequential decisions we will ever make. The costs of repeated failure, in terms of distress and wasted time, are immense. Partners used to be found for us by parents and society, but now we are expected to follow our feelings - to locate people by ourselves, according to intuition. This should be an improvement, but all too often our emotions pull us towards hugely problematic characters and dynamics, according to a logic we seldom fully understand.
In How to Find Love, we will:
- Improve our understanding of why we make the choices we do.
- Discover how our early experiences give us scripts regarding whom we can love, and how.
- Examine harmful repetitive patterns.
- Ask whether we sometimes reject love and affection because it makes us anxious.
- Study three of the most common techniques by which we sabotage our chances of fulfilment.
- Look at common problems that arise in long-term relationships, including ‘Perfectionism’ and the difficulty of learning from one another.
- Explore ways to improve our existing relationships.
This class equips us with a crucial set of insights to help us make safer, more imaginative and more effective choices in love.
Join The School of Life friends Scheme
Membership includes one free class from our Core Curriculum (worth £55), access to our exclusive programme of Friends’ conversation evenings, priority ticket sales for our celebrity speaker events, and a 10% discount off retail purchases. Click here for further details
Studying at The School of Life
How to Find Love is one of the twelve classes that comprise our core curriculum. Our classes tackle the core themes of emotional life, from relationships and the workplace, to understanding the self and exploring our relationship with culture. You can explore the full curriculum here.
Our classes have been designed to give useful insights around the big themes in life. You’ll be challenged to think deeply about the issues that matter most, and provided with a space to share your thoughts, ideas and experiences with other curious, open-minded individuals.
To find out more about what to expect when you come to a class or workshop at The School of Life, take a look inside our London classroom.
These sessions are designed by experts and taught by members of our faculty. They include a mix of lecture, conversation and group activity.
We offer a 10% standard ticket price reduction on Classes and Special Events under £60 for Students with valid ID, Over-65's, the un-waged and people with disabilities. Click here for more information.