How to Find Love - Virtual Class
As the current government advice is to 'stay home' and avoid all social gatherings all of our in person classes and workshops are currently cancelled until the end of May. However, we are excited to announce that we will be running a selected number of our classes virtually so that you can still experience a class from The School of Life from your home. Our selected digital classes will be delivered via Zoom and will feature all the same content, interactive exercises, practical guidance, comfort and consolation as our in person offer. Further information on how to connect to the class will be made available once you have purchased a ticket.
What is ‘How to Find Love’?
How to Find Love is a 3 hour class by The School of Life which takes place regularly in our classroom at our London HQ. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture. The aim of this class is to help you to develop a core emotional skill.
The virtual class will be 2 hours long.
Why should I attend?
Choosing a life-partner can be one of the trickiest decisions we will ever make. We are expected to follow our feelings, and locate people according to our intuition. Our emotions cannot always be trusted and they tend to lead us towards problematic characters and dynamics against logical reasoning.
We once relied on parents and society to find partners for us, however, the process and responsibility has been handed over to us. In often cases, our frantic pursuit has led to complications. Alas, there are practical tools we can engage in to understand our needs in alignment with our desires to find long-lasting love.
What will I learn?
How to Find Love teaches:
- Improve our understanding of why we make the choices we do.
- Discover how our early experiences give us scripts regarding whom we can love, and how.
- Examine harmful repetitive patterns.
- Ask whether we sometimes reject love and affection because it makes us anxious.
- Study three of the most common techniques by which we sabotage our chances of fulfilment.
- Look at common problems that arise in long-term relationships, including ‘Perfectionism’ and the difficulty of learning from one another.
- Explore ways to improve our existing relationships.
This class costs £55 and is run by an experienced, compassionate member of our faculty. You can read more about our faculty here.
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.
Evening Class - Please note the schedule will be altered due to virtual delivery
6:45pm join call, on-boarding
7:00pm class begins
9:00pm class ends