How to Enjoy Life
What is ‘How to Enjoy Life’?
How to Enjoy Life is a 3 hour class by The School of Life which takes place regularly in our classroom at our London HQ. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture. The aim of this class is to help you to develop a core emotional skill.
Why should I attend?
Living a life of great value and importance can be liberating. Learning how to appreciate and be grateful for what we have is vital in living a fulfilled life which we can enjoy. Where we can use art and literature to gently and wisely make more of what we have.
We can develop tools of re-enchantment, connecting with a part of life that highlights the important aspects we often neglect. The inability to have a sense of appreciation isn’t always from a place of laziness or because we are particularly bad, but because we sometimes face obstacles which come against our ability to see the good.
What will I learn?
How to Enjoy Life teaches:
- The skills of appreciation and gratitude.
- How little we sometimes notice what is around us.
- How to awaken ourselves to the beauty and value of the things, people and ideas with which we are surrounded.
- How to properly absorb what is already precious in our lives.
- The art of sampling happiness without being sentimental or deluded - a skill we term ‘cheerful despair’.
This class costs £55 and is run by an experienced, compassionate member of our faculty. You can read more about our faculty here.
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.
Weekday evening classes
6:40pm doors open, drinks and nibbles
7:00pm class begins
9:30pm class ends
Saturday afternoon classes
2:10pm doors open, coffee and snacks
2:30pm class begins
5:00pm class ends
Classroom Location: The School of Life, 70 Marchmont Street, WC1N 1AB