One-Day Festival: Know Yourself in a Day
Price - £249
A One Day Festival on Emotional Intelligence
This one-off event will be a highly sociable, immersive day consisting of inspiring and consoling lecture, stimulating interactions, lively conversation, food and drinks, and exploratory games.
What is Self Knowledge?
One of the most striking features of our minds is how little we understand them. At The School of Life, we believe this lack of Self Knowledge is very often what stands between us and greater fulfillment – a relationship that will bring us joy, a job that motivates us each morning, or a wiser approach to those situations where we seem to keep making the same familiar, frustrating errors.
Know Yourself in a Day will draw on our Core Curriculum, focusing on the exploration of ourselves. The teaching methods aren’t entirely standard – our lecturers invite almost continuous interaction, encouraging participants to actively engage in self-reflection and share their stories, thoughts and realisations with others. As always at our events, we aim to establish an atmosphere where all feel welcome to contribute and question, safe in the knowledge that our courage will be met with warmth, open-mindedness, and good humour.
Our festival on Self Knowledge is for anyone who wishes to explore – as part of a curious, like-minded community – what truly interests, motivates and excites them, as well as what lies behind some of their most important fears, anxieties, and sorrows.
What Will the Festival Involve?
Here is a selection of what will be on offer on the day:
- Keynotes session with Alain de Botton, founder of The School of Life
- The Confessions Game - our faculty members will prompt honest, daring answers to important questions about our own feelings of joy, hope, fear, and sorrow
- The Wall of Self - a space for your most elusive thoughts as they develop throughout the day
- Lecture, films, music, psychological exercises and conversation
- A School of Life gift bag filled with emotionally intelligent gifts
- Refreshments throughout the day
- An opportunity to make new friends in a community of like-minded individuals