20 Menus with 12 questions per menu, across varying themes - to foster friendship and bring meals to life.
We typically spend a lot of time getting the food right when we invite others over for a meal, but in the end what makes a really great occasion is - of course - always the conversation around the table.
Typically, we stumble on fascinating conversation topics a little bit by chance. Shyness can hold us back. Too often, we revert to polite, but not especially inspired, staples. Arranged to accompany each course, these twenty beautifully designed Conversation Menus lead us artfully to some of the most fascinating and revealing conversation topics.
They invite us to open up about themes such as love, money, travel ambition, self-knowledge and the meaning of life. They contain questions and invitations to discussion that will raise smiles, build friendships and foster the best kind of intimacy, ensuring that our meals together can be everything we hoped.
- What do you blame your parents for?
- What do you wish your partner could forgive you for?
- Have you ever sabotaged your own success?
- Who did you have a rush on during your school years?
- Describe your first memorable encounter with another culture.
- What should children learn about the adult world?
- In what ways is your family especially odd?
- Who have you had to eject from your social life – and why?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What shaped your attitudes to money?
Article: On the Art of Conversation - An article from our blog, The Book of Life.
Video: How to Have a Good Conversation - A video from The School of Life YouTube channel.