How to Make Love Last - Virtual Class
What is ‘How to Make Love Last’?
How to Make Love Last is a 2.5 hour class by The School of Life which takes place regularly in our virtual classroom over Zoom. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture. The aim of this class is to help you to develop a core emotional skill. Further information on how to connect to the class will be made available once you have purchased a ticket.
Why should I attend?
We live in a culture that talks a lot about finding love - but far less about the next part of the puzzle, making the love we have last. This is a class that equips with you a toolkit of skills for ensuring the health and vibrancy of a relationship over the long term.
We will learn together about Communication, Compassion, Listening, Playfulness and Diplomacy. Most of all, we will understand that it isn’t a sign of failure that we have ended up here; it’s a proof of commitment. We will learn that love is not simply an emotion to be felt, it is a skill to be learnt.
What will I learn?
How to Make Love Last teaches us:
- How to communicate, teach and learn.
- How not to sulk.
- How to allow others to get close to us despite our fears.
- How to understand and explain the distinctive way in which we want to be loved.
- How to forgive and be forgiven.
- How to navigate conflict through humour.
- How to deal with sexual differences and awkward desires.
Evening Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 6:15pm GMT session open
- 6:30pm GMT class commences
- 9:00pm GMT class ends
Morning Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 9:15am GMT session open
- 9:30am GMT class commences
- 12:00pm GMT class ends
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.