How to Find Love - Virtual Class
What is ‘How to Find Love’?
How to Find Love is a 2.5 hour class by The School of Life which takes place regularly in our virtual classroom over Zoom. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture. Further information on how to connect to the class will be made available once you have purchased a ticket.
Why should I attend?
Choosing a life-partner can be one of the trickiest decisions we will ever make. We are expected to follow our feelings, and locate people according to our intuition. And yet, our emotions cannot always be trusted; and they often lead us to problematic characters that repeat patterns of suffering.
We once relied on parents and society to find partners for us, however, the process and responsibility has now been handed over to us. In many cases, our frantic pursuit leads to complications. Fortunately, there are practical ideas we can engage with to understand our needs and find long-lasting love.
What will I learn?
How to Find Love teaches us how to:
- Improve our understanding of why we make the choices we do.
- Discover how our early experiences give us scripts, some of them problematic, about whom we can love.
- Examine harmful repetitive patterns.
- Ask whether we sometimes reject love and affection because it feels undeserved and out of line with our sense of worth.
- Study three of the most common techniques by which we sabotage our chances of fulfilment.
- Explore whether we are being too ‘choosy’ or, conversely, not choosy enough.
Evening Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 6:15pm GMT session open
- 6:30pm GMT class commences
- 9:00pm GMT class ends
Morning Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 9:15am GMT session open
- 9:30am GMT class commences
- 12:00pm GMT class ends
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.