How to Enjoy Life - Virtual Class
What is ‘How to Enjoy Life’?
How to Enjoy Life is a 2.5 hour class by The School of Life which takes place regularly in our virtual classroom over Zoom. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture. Further information on how to connect to the class will be made available once you have purchased a ticket.
Why should I attend?
We are often so aware of what is missing from our lives that we fail to pause and notice what has already gone right or not yet gone wrong. We see so much every day without properly noticing it; we are so good at letting our ambitions for the future rob us of the joys of the present.
This is a class about appreciation, about becoming better at discovering and drawing value from the wonders that are already to hand. It’s a class about learning how properly to live rather than simply going through the motions. Along the way, we learn to connect, to take joy in the sky, to feel less guilty about enjoying the good times - and to remember what we can legitimately smile about, even in the most challenging of eras.
What will I learn?
How to Enjoy Life teaches:
- The skills of appreciation and gratitude.
- How little we sometimes notice what is around us.
- How to awaken ourselves to the beauty and value of the things, people and ideas with which we are surrounded.
- How to properly absorb what is already precious in our lives.
- The art of sampling happiness without being sentimental or deluded - a skill we term ‘cheerful despair’.
Evening Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 6:15pm GMT session open
- 6:30pm GMT class commences
- 9:00pm GMT class ends
Morning Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 9:15am GMT session open
- 9:30am GMT class commences
- 12:00pm GMT class ends
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.