NEW CLASS: How Culture Can Change Your Life - Virtual Class
What is ‘How Culture Can Change Your Life’?
How Culture Can Change Your Life is a 2.5 hour virtual class by The School of Life. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture. The aim of this class is to help you to develop a core emotional skill. Further information on how to connect to the class will be made available once you have purchased a ticket.
Why should I attend?
The importance of culture is often misunderstood and overlooked Music, film, literature and the visual arts, aren’t simply entertaining; they help us develop a sense of meaning in life.
Our identity lies in the hands of culture, influencing our values, views, loyalties and fears. What is culture really for? What importance does it play in our lives? How best can we draw value from it in order to lead more emotionally fulfilling lives?
What will I learn?
How Culture Can Change Your Life teaches:
- That the power of culture emerges best when we rely on it as a therapeutic tool.
- Culture aids us in our quest to develop self-knowledge, empathy and communion.
- Culture provides a sense of consolation.
- This class connects a range of cultural masterpieces with our own dilemmas and pains around love, work and society, and invites us to see culture as a resource with which to address the complex agonies of being human.
Evening Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 6:15pm GMT session open
- 6:30pm GMT class commences
- 9:00pm GMT class ends
Morning Classes - All timings are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- 9:15am GMT session open
- 9:30am GMT class commences
- 12:00pm GMT class ends
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.