How to Find Love - Virtual Class
You can experience The School of Life from your home by joining our programme of virtual classes. Classes are delivered via Zoom and feature expert teachers, enlightening content, interactive exercises with other participants, practical guidance, comfort and consolation. Further information on how to connect to the class will be made available once you have purchased a ticket.
What is ‘How to Find Love’?
How to Find Love is a 2 hour class by The School of Life which takes place regularly in our virtual classroom over Zoom. It is one of 12 classes around our 4 core themes: Love, Work, Self and Culture.
Why should I attend?
Choosing a life-partner can be one of the trickiest decisions we will ever make. We are expected to follow our feelings, and locate people according to our intuition. And yet, our emotions cannot always be trusted; and they often lead us to problematic characters that repeat patterns of suffering.
We once relied on parents and society to find partners for us, however, the process and responsibility has now been handed over to us. In many cases, our frantic pursuit leads to complications. Fortunately, there are practical ideas we can engage with to understand our needs and find long-lasting love.
What will I learn?
How to Find Love teaches us how to:
- Improve our understanding of why we make the choices we do.
- Discover how our early experiences give us scripts, some of them problematic, about whom we can love.
- Examine harmful repetitive patterns.
- Ask whether we sometimes reject love and affection because it feels undeserved and out of line with our sense of worth.
- Study three of the most common techniques by which we sabotage our chances of fulfilment.
- Explore whether we are being too ‘choosy’ or, conversely, not choosy enough.
This class costs £55 and is run by an experienced, compassionate member of our faculty. You can read more about our faculty here.
Dates and times are available to book below. New dates for this class are added throughout the year.
Evening Classes - Please note that all timings are in British Summer Time (BST)
6:30pm BST session opens
6:45pm BST class begins
9:00pm BST class ends
Morning Classes - Please note that all timings are in British Summer Time (BST)
9:30am BST session opens
9:45am BST class begins
12:00pm BST class ends