This information relates only to purchases made from our online shop. If you have a query about a purchase from one of our international flagship stores, please contact the store directly.
Free UK delivery on orders over £50 | Free US delivery on orders over $75 | Free EU delivery on orders over €70
To view the full list of countries we deliver to, our range of services, and cost please click here.
- All orders are dispatched from our UK warehouse, we aim to dispatch all orders within 1-2 working days but this may vary during busy periods.
- Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an email confirmation. If your order is on a tracked service this will include your tracking details. Please note you must track your delivery directly with the courier.
- If we have been unable to deliver your parcel and it is returned to our warehouse we will contact you regarding a refund. If we do not receive instructions from you within 2 weeks we will automatically refund your order.
- Delivery charges may vary depending on the currency you are purchasing in, you will get the best price for delivery if you purchase in the currency of your delivery country (e.g. shop in USD for US delivery).
- For full terms and conditions please click here
- If you think your order has been lost, or have received damaged goods, you will need to contact the retail team within 1 month of purchase. Queries raised after this point will not be investigated and you will not be eligible for a refund for resend.
- We have currently stopped all shipments to Ukraine and Russia as our parcels are not able to pass through customs and are being returned to the UK. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions about our international deliveries, please contact our customer service team.
Customs tax and duty
- You will be liable for all customs tax and duty payable.
- Please note, deliveries to Canada may be charged tax and duty on import. Standard delivery is through Aramex and the courier service is with DHL. Please look out for communication from these carriers for information about the arrival of your parcel.
- You can also click here to calculate your estimated duties & taxes.
All book and product orders on our website (regardless of which currency you pay in) are currently shipped from the United Kingdom.
As of 1st January 2021, the UK is no longer a part of the EU Customs Union and the Single Market. Therefore, items being shipped to Europe may incur custom charges and fees.
For orders under €150, there will be no additional customs charges, VAT or duties for the recipient to pay in the destination country.
For orders of €150 or above, your order will be subject to local customs and VAT charges, which will need to be paid by the recipient in the destination country
Should your order be subject to customs or import duties, these will be charged once the parcel reaches its destination country and must be paid by the recipient.
As is always the case with international shipping and logistics, border control and customs can delay your delivery. Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and cannot tell you what the cost will be, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for more information prior to placing your order. You can also click here to calculate your estimated duties & taxes.
You are also responsible for providing any information required by customs to ensure the goods are cleared.
In some EU member states, home delivery is now changing to collections from your local post office/collection point in order to facilitate customs payment. Please get in touch with our customer service team ([email protected]) for more information. Alternatively, local shipping carriers may contact you directly to arrange payment of customs charges or admin/VAT prior to attempting home delivery.
Orders are packed and dispatched from our UK warehouse; lead times are 2-3 days, dependent on order size and warehouse capacity.
Delivery charges vary in accordance with order value and shipping territory. Please email [email protected] for a shipping quote.
You will receive a dispatch note (via email) once your order ships – please retain this, as your tracking number is enclosed.
Please note that any import duties and taxes are the responsibility of the consignee; contact your local customs office for more information.
If you think your order has been lost, or have received damaged goods, you will need to contact the retail team within a month of purchase. Queries raised after this point will not be investigated.
Wholesale orders are firm sale only; we will not accept returns. Please contact your account manager directly if there is any problem with the goods received.
For full terms and conditions please click here.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If, however, you would like to return an item, please find instructions below:
(for events, classes, psychotherapy sessions or any other services, please visit our Terms & Conditions page here)
Unwanted goods and merchandise (not faulty or damaged)
- All items must be received within 30 days of receipt of your delivery;
- Items must be in their original saleable condition and packaging;
- Customers are responsible for all return delivery costs and for the safely arrival of the package back to us.
How to return
- To return an item to us, please email [email protected] and include:
– FULL NAME
– ORDER NUMBER
– PHONE NUMBER
– REASON FOR RETURN
- Re-using the original packaging, tape the parcel securely, include a copy of your original receipt and post it back to us. We strongly advise you to obtain a tracking number when posting your item;
- Goods should be returned to:
The School of Life
c/o Intermail Warehouse
Canal View Road
What happens next?
Once your order has reached our warehouse, we will issue you a full good’s refund (excluding postage); this could take up to 2 to 3 days after we receive the parcel back into our warehouse. Please note refunds to debit or credit cards can take around 3 days to clear, depending on your card provider. Refunds to PayPal are subject to PayPal refund regulations.
Faulty goods or goods damaged in transit
We expect to be notified within one week if an item has been damaged in transit or if it is faulty upon arrival. Please email [email protected] to let us know and include:
- a picture of all damaged / faulty items;
- quantity and description of the damaged item (s);
- your order number.
You will then receive further instructions from us within 3 business days.
We’ll give you a full refund, by the same method you used to pay. If it is not possible to refund your purchase to your original payment method, then we will offer you a gift voucher for the correct value.
For full terms and conditions please click here.
For event or psychotherapy refund information, please visit our Terms & Conditions page here.
To arrange a product refund, please contact [email protected]