As our careers develop and progress, it’s almost inevitable that we will take on a role involving more leadership. It comes as a reward for our hard work, but one that also requires a big shift in our responsibilities and required skills: without the right training, it can be a very challenging transition. At The School of Life our focus on Emotional Intelligence allows us to get to the psychological core of what authentic, effective management requires. Leadership tends to amplify our weaknesses as well as our strengths, which is why our approach takes a thorough look at the emotional roots of our behavior to help make sense of who we are and how we behave.
In this workshop:
- You will learn what distinguishes a great leader from a merely capable one
- You will explore how our personal histories have shaped our assumptions
- You will consider your strengths and blind spots and how they are likely to affect others on your team.
- You will address key leadership challenges, from the need to create a compelling vision to empowering others to do their best work.
The workshop is given by one of the following workshop leaders:
Josine Peters started her career as a communications adviser and later became the Global Head Of Culture at AkzoNobel. She became the CEO of The School Of Life, in order to follow her own motivations to help people and organisations find meaning in life.
Marien Baerveldt is a psychologist with additional education in leadership towards sustainable development and Theory U. He supervises strategy and innovation processes for a variety of organisations and has workes with the Faculty of Management and Business at Leiden University of Applied Sciences on a culture change. In 2018, he formed the Theory U Hub in Amsterdam. Marien is dedicated to create more meaningful conversations in education, organisations and society at large.
Study Load: There is no compulsory homework. You will, however, be given ideas and techniques that you can try out after the workshop and apply in your work.
Study Material: You do not need to purchase any study material for this workshop.
For Whom: This workshop is suitable for employees and freelancers who want to challenge themselves and want to think more deeply about the subject and themselves.
Level: There are no entry requirements.
Location: Frederiksplein 54, Amsterdam
Time: 9:30 - 13:00
Price: €195,- (excl. BTW, incl. lunch)
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do the new corona virus measures mean for this program?
- Everything runs a little differently because of the corona virus. View our temporary school-rules (dutch) here .
- NB: the programs that are now offered on location can be converted to an online program due to our corona virus measures. The programs that are now offered online will always remain online.
- For questions about programs that are offered online you can check our FAQ .
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF LIFE PROFESSIONAL
Bringing together the expertise of entrepreneurs, psychologists, thought leaders and CEOs, and drawing upon The School of Life’s unique expertise in cultivating emotional intelligence, our Professional Workshops will equip you with the tools and strategies needed to thrive in the modern workplace.