Delivery & Returns
This information relates only to purchases made from our online shop. If you have a query about a purchase from one of our international flagship stores, please contact the store directly.
Free UK delivery on orders over £50
Free US delivery on orders over $85
Free EU delivery on orders over €70
|Free delivery over £50, Standard Delivery, 5 -7 working days||FREE|
Free Click & Collect from our London Store
|Standard Delivery, 5-7 working days||£2.99|
|Standard Plus Delivery, 4-5 working days||£5.99|
|Courier (tracked), next working day if ordered by 12 noon (GMT / BST)||£10|
|EU (excl. Switzerland)||Free delivery over €70( not tracked), 10 working days||FREE|
|Standard (not tracked), 10 working days||€10|
|Courier (tracked), 4-5 working days||€35|
|USA||Free delivery over $85 (not tracked), 10 working days||FREE|
|Standard (not tracked), 10 working days||$15|
|Courier (tracked), 4-5 working days||$35|
|Australia||Standard (not tracked), 10 working days||£10 | $13 (USD) | €12|
|Rest of World (incl. Switzerland)||Depends on the size or order and delivery country||Determined in checkout|
- All orders are dispatched from our UK warehouse, we aim to dispatch all orders within 2 working days but this may vary during busy periods.
- Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an email confirmation. If your order is on a tracked service this will include your tracking details. Please note you must track your delivery directly with the courier.
- You will be liable for all customs tax and duty payable.
- If we have been unable to deliver your parcel and it is returned to our warehouse we will contact you regarding a refund. If we do not receive instructions from you within 2 weeks we will automatically refund your order.
- Delivery charges may vary depending on the currency you are purchasing in, you will get the best price for delivery if you purchase in the currency of your delivery country (e.g. shop in USD for US delivery).
- For full terms and conditions please click here.
- Please note, that all orders may be subject to delay in delivery due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If your order has been shipped in the last 14 days (within the UK) or 21 days (outside of the UK), we are unable to provide further tracking information. Therefore please email us again after these time period has elapsed if your parcel has still not arrived.
Urgent UK Orders
If you are based in London and need a product urgently, please visit our London Store at 70 Marchmont Street, London, WC1N 1AB or call us on +44(0)20 7833 1010. Our opening hours are listed here.
Orders are packed and dispatched from our UK warehouse; lead times are 2-3 days, dependent on order size and warehouse capacity.
Delivery charges vary in accordance with order value and shipping territory. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote.
You will receive a dispatch note (via email) once your order ships – please retain this, as your tracking number is enclosed.
Please note that any import duties and taxes are the responsibility of the consignee; contact your local customs office for more information.
If you think your order has been lost, or have received damaged goods, you will need to contact the retail team within a month of purchase. Queries raised after this point will not be investigated.
Wholesale orders are firm sale only; we will not accept returns. Please contact your account manager directly if there is any problem with the goods received.
For full terms and conditions please click here.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If, however, you would like to return an item, please find instructions below:
(for events, classes, psychotherapy sessions or any other services, please visit our Terms & Conditions page here)
Unwanted goods and merchandise (not faulty or damaged)
- All items must be received within 30 days of receipt of your delivery;
- Items must be in their original saleable condition and packaging;
- Customers are responsible for all return delivery costs and for the safely arrival of the package back to us.
How to return:
- To return an item to us, please complete the form below;
- Re-using the original packaging, tape the parcel securely, include a copy of your original receipt and post it back to us. We strongly advise you to obtain a tracking number when posting your item;
- Goods should be returned to:
The School of Life
c/o Intermail Warehouse
Canal View Road
What happens next?
Once your order has reached our warehouse, we will issue you a full good’s refund (excluding postage); this could take up to 2 to 3 days after we receive the parcel back into our warehouse. Please note refunds to debit or credit cards can take around 3 days to clear, depending on your card provider. Refunds to PayPal are subject to PayPal refund regulations.
Faulty goods or goods damaged in transit
We expect to be notified within one week if an item has been damaged in transit or if it is faulty upon arrival. Please email email@example.com to let us know and include:
- a picture of all damaged / faulty items;
- quantity and description of the damaged item (s);
- your order number.
You will then receive further instructions from us within 3 business days.
We’ll give you a full refund, by the same method you used to pay. If it is not possible to refund your purchase to your original payment method, then we will offer you a gift voucher for the correct value.
For full terms and conditions please click here.
For event or psychotherapy refund information, please visit our Terms & Conditions page here.
To arrange a product refund, please fill in the form below.